Serendipity is defined as the gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident. It is a belief that everything happens for a reason, and it’s the ability to turn those unexpected troubles into unanticipated treasures. The traditionally accepted definition of serendipity is: the occurrence and development of events “by chance” in a happy or beneficial way.
Just so you know, I didn’t really consider it luck or coincidence to find what I was looking for. I asked strongly for Universal Cosmic Intelligence to find this photo and I never wavered at all in my belief that I was going to find what I was looking for—and the universe delivered!
Follow these guidelines to develop your serendipity and turn your life adventure into unanticipated treasures:
- Always have a sense of humor about what comes your way! Humor helps you see other things in the unexpected events.
- Remind yourself of other serendipitous experiences and look for the treasures! Recall sayings or quotations that helped you get through other difficult situations. “I’ve been in tough spots before, and I’ve always figured it out.”
- Quit fighting things that you are powerless to change – surrender and let go of “how you wanted things to be.”
- Take inventory of “what is” and explore ways to turn the situation around to benefit you. Play with the possibilities, adopting a childlike sense of wonder and playful curiosity.
- Ask yourself “What did I gain from this experience? Was it a lesson learned, an insight acquired, or a deeper understanding?
- Pay attention. Listen to your internal wisdom. Trust your intuition and trust the Universe and your own spiritual guides to aim you in the best direction.
I want to remind you that you have to set clear goals to get the universe to assist you! The truth is, you should pay a lot of attention to Serendipity, from the people you meet, suggestions for books to read, or even jobs to look into! The universe is always trying to make your wishes come true.
Remember Serendipity means: “The joy and reward found in unexpected happenings.” and “discovering the miracle of the unexpected.”
I know for sure that the more determined I am and clear about something I want, the faster Cosmic Intelligence answers. It will answer you too. Pay attention to the little crumb droppings that the Universe gives you!