Throughout my career, I’ve noticed that one very common challenge that so many people face is creating boundaries and getting the most of their time.
Even though time is one of our most precious assets, it’s one of the things we waste the most, year after year.
We have all of these great intentions to make more of our time, to get more organized, to be more productive, and to have more time with our families. Then somewhere along the way, we fall off the great intentions wagon and wind up right back where we started: suffering from TBD: Too Busy Disorder.
We find ourselves being too busy with the things we HAVE to do, to do the things we WANT to do. But here’s the thing: It doesn’t have to be like that.
- If you’re not making the money you want in your business,
- If you don’t have the right tools to make being productive easy, or
- If you find yourself saying “I wish I had time for…” or “I really would like a day off” or “I wish I could spend more time with my family”
Then you need to stop being a Slave to time and take back your life and power. You need help. You need some easy, practical guidelines for getting the most out of your time.
Here are 5 Reminders to CURE what I like to call TBD: Too Busy Disorder (Excerpted from The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Banishing Time and Energy Vampires–on Sale Now–Check out the right hand column to find out more about it or click Here). These are some simple yet often overlooked ways to help save time:
- Any time You Have to Wait for Something use that time to Brainstorm Ideas or do some Reading you’ve been meaning to get around to.
- Group Appointments. If the cable company is coming, try to schedule other repairs for the same day.
- Plan Ahead. Reserve your vacation places early. Do your GIFT Shopping throughout the year. Stock up on greeting cards for all occasions. Find out peak times for stores, your bank, and the post office- so you can Avoid them.
- Do Your Shopping or Research Online so you don’t have to run all over town, and have everything delivered directly to your home.
- Learn to Delegate. Although you fold the laundry beautifully, having the kids or loved ones help will free up some of your time.
Create a Great Day!